What’s bright green, has 100 times the antioxidant power of EGCg of any other tea on the market, increases serotonin, dopamine, metabolism, energy, and boosts your immunity with just one cup? MATCHA, baby! If this super-powered magical ingredient is not a regular in your daily meal potions, I hope this post will convince you to make it a permanent addition TODAY!
- Harmony (wa)
- Respect (kei)
- Purity (sei)
- Tranquility (jaku)
The matcha is made from the nutrient-rich young leaves picked from the tips of shade-grown Camellia sinensis plants. It is then steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being stone-ground into very fine powder, and stored away from light and oxygen in order to preserve its brilliant green color and antioxidant properties. This miracle elixir has been consumed for over a millennium in the Far East, and is now considered to be one of the most powerful super foods on the market today.
After educating myself on all of the magical health benefits, I thought, “How can I add more of this life-changing potion to my day-to-day routine, other than having the standard matcha latte?” Inspired by the enticing, vibrant green color, this Chipper Chipmunk immediately envisioned creating a nutrient-dense “spell” including the crunchy pistachio nut. I already had a mighty tasty Banana-Sweet Potato-Pistachio Bread recipe, so I decided, why not combine all of these superfoods into one delightfully sweet and crunchy gluten-free snack bread? Trust me, this paleo-friendly treat is not only DELICIOUS, it’s going to cast a magical spell of health and zen over your entire body!
Here are the TOP REASONS WHY YOUR BODY WILL LOVE MATCHA:
Now that you’re up to speed on the magic of matcha, it’s time for the fun part! Let’s get brewin’ on some yummy Matcha – Pistachio- Banana- Sweet Potato BREAD!
- 2 bananas (ripened)
- 1 & 1/2 cup of boiled and mashed sweet potatoes (Boiling sweet potatoes lowers the glycemic index. Once the pot of water is boiling, carefully insert potatoes and boil for 30 minutes, or until your able to easily poke a fork into them. )
- 3 tbsps of melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs PLUS 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of melted almond butter (I used Barney Butter- No sugar added/ Bare Smooth.)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour (I used Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour.)
- 1/2 tbsp of saigon cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsps of Matcha green tea powder (to taste)- (I used Epic Matcha.)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of crushed pistachios (depending on how much “crunchy” texture you prefer)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt
- Preheat oven or George Foreman Evolve Grill to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Mash ripened bananas & cooled, boiled sweet potatoes together in a large bowl.
- Add in melted coconut oil, almond butter, 2 eggs, 2 egg whites and mix until combined and lump free.
- Next add the dry ingredients to the mix: Coconut flour, cinnamon, Matcha, pistachios, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and combine all ingredients until well blended.
Add your mixture to a baking pan or your George Foreman Evolve and bake at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes (depending on your stove). While you’re waiting for your tasty snack, why not enjoy a Matcha Green Tea Latte in a cute mug? 😉
Let the bread cool, and then GET YOUR GRUB ON!
I hope you enjoyed our little “brew”haha (brouhaha) today! Thank you for stopping by, and as always, I’d love to hear from you! Post your pictures and comments below and/or on The Chipper Chipmunk Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages. If you have a recipe using matcha, I’d love to hear it! 😁 ~The Chipper Chipmunk~