This superfood, power-packed, metabolism-boosting cacao chia seed pudding is sure to get your engines revving!
When putting fuel into our bodies, we should aim for HIGH OCTANE, baby! I love to eat this simple, 6-ingredient pudding for breakfast, before the gym, for dessert, or whenever I’m looking for a healthy snack that packs a punch. Here’s why this recipe is sure to get you AND your metabolism FIRED UP!
- Organic Chia Seeds– It’s no wonder that Aztec runners and warriors would consume chia seeds by the spoonful in order to sustain themselves. They are jam-packed with vitamins A,B,D, and E, antioxidants, minerals, and are one of the best sources of plant-based protein. (I used Nutiva organic black chia seeds.)
- Cacao Powder– Cacao has been enjoyed for its invigorating properties in South American cultures for years and is known as a Mayan Superfood. It contains a rich supply of magnesium, fiber, antioxidants including flavanols and polyphenols, and is the main ingredient of chocolate. In fact, it IS chocolate and is ALWAYS in season! Need I say more?! (I used Navitas certified organic cacao powder.)
- Organic Maca Powder– Indigenous to Peru, this superfood powerhouse is a member of the broccoli and radish family. Andean warrior cultures consumed maca for increased endurance and fertility. It’s also known as Peruvian ginseng or Inca superfood. Not only does maca taste delicious, (like the inside of a Whopper malt ball chocolate), but it’s flooded with amino acids, fatty acids, and minerals for vitality and energy! (I used TruVibe raw organic Maca Powder Miracle.)
- Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder– I love Purely Inspired French Vanilla Organic Protein. It has 20 grams of plant-based protein, 7 grams of dietary fiber, contains organic fruits and veggies, digestive enzymes and probiotics, omega 3-fatty acids from flax, is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy and gmo-free, and only has 2 net carbs!
- Unsweetened Almond Milk- I used Silk’s unsweetened 30-calorie almond milk. It offers 50% more calcium than dairy milk and of course, it’s lactose-free! It also contains zero grams of sugar, is gluten-free, cholesterol-free, carrageenan-free, soy-free, and contains no artificial colors or flavors!
- Saigon Cinnamon– This sweet, exotic member of the spice family is an essential ingredient for this yummy pudding. Not only does it add sweetness, without any sugar, but it naturally helps regulate blood sugar, reduce appetite, promotes healthy digestion, AND can help minimize the appearance of cellulite!
How excited are you to make this pudding?! Get ready to start your engines…because here it comes! Vroom! Vroom!
The Chipper Chipmunk Metabolism-Boosting Cacao Chia Seed Pudding
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 3 Servings— And roughly fills one regular size mason jar)
- 3 Cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsps of cacao powder
- 3 Tsps of organic maca powder
- 2-3 Scoops of organic protein powder
- 1/2 Tsp of saigon cinnamon
- 6 Tbsps of organic chia seeds
- Optional toppings- Sprinkle with cacao nibs, sliced almonds, or berries
HOW TO MAKE & SHAKE!
- Add all of your ingredients to a regular-sized mason jar, and to the beat of Soul Train’s, “Shake Your Booty”: “Shake shake shake…shake shake shake…..shake your pudding!! Taylor Swift’s, “Shake it off”, also works if that’s more of your jam. 😉
- Put the mason jar in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until the chia pudding has become gelatinous and jiggly.
- EAT, and REPEAT!