Here’s the very 1st edition of The Chipper Chipmunk’s Friday Favorites (say that three times fast!) where I’ll be sharing my most treasured healthy “finds” with you at the end of each week. Think of it as “Oprah’s Favvvvvorite Thingssss”, except for the fact we all know there is only one AMAZING Oprah, and I unfortunately don’t have the ability to mail all of you your VERY OWN BOX OF THESE DELICIOUS SNACK BARSSSSSsss (as said in my best Oprah impression) just for showing up to my blog today. If you’ve never seen an episode of Oprah’s Favorite things, please Google it, and you can thank me later. 😉
Here’s a little research I did on the company and its 20-year-old health fanatic founder, Daniel Katz from Cincinnati:
Daniel, is the “D” in D’s Naturals and had a vision to pioneer plant-based food products in 2015 after developing a dairy sensitivity, a problem plaguing a significant portion of the worldwide population. D’s story at Dnaturals.com: “As a health nut, I was on the hunt for a dairy free protein bar that was low in sugar. To my amazement, I came up empty handed. My personal need for quality nutrition led to the creation of The No Cow Bar, and soon after D’s was born.”
Since it’s start, D’s Naturals has reached nearly $10 million dollars in revenue and on top of that, the word on the street is that General Mills has taken an undisclosed stake in his Denver-based performance bar business. In the words of Ron Burgundy, “Don’t act like you’re not impressed.”
Take away the fact that the founder is a problem-solving, action-taking, revolutionary food creator, and you can still color me impressed simply for the taste and nutrition offered in these dairy-free, plant-based protein bars. Here’s a quick snap of the ingredients and nutrition facts in the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough No Cow Bar:
10 REASONS WHY YOU’LL LOVE D’S NATURAL NO COW BARS:
- They come in awesome flavors like Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (my personal favorite), Blueberry Cobbler, Rasberry Truffle, Lemon Meringue Pie, Mint Cacao Chip, Chocolate Banana Bread, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, and Dark Rasberry Truffle.
- They’re lactose-free for those of us who have issues digesting dairy.
- They are packed with plant-based protein and are vegan-friendly.
- They are gluten-free and soy-free.
- They have ZERO GMOs.
- The bars have only have 2-4 Net carbs, and ZERO added sugar.
- They have high prebiotic fibers derived from plant sources to keep you full.
- D’s Naturals also sells high protein, low sugar nut butters called, “Fluffbutters”
- They are delicious protein bars under 200 calories to easily bring to work, the gym, or grub in the car when you’re “hangry”..that’s slang for being hungry and angry when you’re sitting in traffic.
- The founder, Daniel Katz, needed food that would suit his dairy sensitivity, but coudn’t find anything out there that worked for him. Did he give up and settle for a product that wasn’t getting the job done? Nope. He went out there and made it himself, and now is sharing it with others who are benefiting from his creation! Now that’s somethin’ to smile about!
I hope you enjoyed this first edition of The Chipper Chipmunk’s Friday Favorites. If you want to learn more about D’s Naturals, or better yet, try a box of the delicious No Cow Bars, click on the hyperlink above.
As always, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below or The Chipper Chipmunk Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook page. Don’t forget to sign up for The Chipper Chipmunk FREE Health and Fitness Challenge starting May 1st by commenting below. I’m so glad you came by! Have a Chipper Chipmunk, weekend everybody! =)